Spider Road Trips
Pack your bags, we're hitting the road! This year, Career Services is offering over ten Spider Road Trips, traveling to New York City, Washington, D.C., and our very own city of Richmond!
Queally CenterWe have a new Career Gallery and Employer Suite in the Queally Center!
Meet Tenaj, a UR alum who proves that not all career paths are linear. See how this psychology major and dance minor turned her experiences, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit into her own business.Read More Start Your Career Journey
It's not always about what you study in school — that's the starting point. It's really about finding your passion and taking advantage of opportunities. Tenaj Ferguson, '11
Career Services Features
Senior to pursue career in teaching and education policy after exploring education inequities as an undergraduate
Scholar-athlete gives back to her Northside Richmond neighborhood through class and volunteer work
Bonner Scholar espouses political engagement as key to a healthy democratic society
Bonner Scholar uses her Bonner summer of service and a Civic Fellowship to explore climate change in the South Pacific
Junior's research project will leave you wondering: what's a religious studies major doing working on a math project?
Pre-med and business student helps coordinate first government-approved drone delivery of medication
University of Richmond alumna took time to cultivate her skills and find her passion before opening her own business, Lady Epicure Gourmet.
Upcoming Career Events
- TEAMeffort Information TableFeb2211:00 AM - 2:00 PMStop by and learn about TEAMeffort, a non-profit inter-denominational Christian mission organization that provides... Continue reading
- International Spiders Working in the U.S.Feb236:00 PM - 7:30 PMA panel and networking reception for international students seeking jobs and internships in the U.S.... Continue reading
- Banking Boot Camp ApplicationFeb2612:00 AM - 12:00 AMBanking Boot Camp is designed to help you develop an in-depth understanding of how an investment bank operates and... Continue reading
- MBTI Workshop: Link Your Personality Type to Majors and CareersFeb274:00 PM - 6:00 PMLearning about your personality type can help you to discover how to make more meaningful major and career choices.... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information SessionFeb286:00 PM - 7:00 PMPeace Corps Volunteers will be hosting an Information Panel to talk about their experiences with the world-wide... Continue reading
- Webinar: Maximizing Your LinkedIn AccountMar0812:30 PM - 1:30 PMYou may have a LinkedIn account, but what does your Profile communicate about you? Attend this webinar to learn how to... Continue reading
- Life After Richmond: Repaying Federal Student LoansMar144:00 PM - 5:00 PMThere are a variety of different payment plans and options to be aware of as you begin paying back federal student... Continue reading
- Beyond SpiderConnect: Marketing & Communications Job and Internship Search StrategiesMar147:00 PM - 8:00 PMLooking for a job or internship in the Marketing & Communications field? ... Continue reading
- Choosing a Major WorkshopMar154:00 PM - 5:00 PMBring your laptop to start exploring resources and majors during the workshop!... Continue reading
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer InternshipsMar155:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship experience? What do I need to do to... Continue reading
Spider Career Blog
- Career Myths and Misconceptions
We're giving you the truth on some common career myths and misconceptions!
- Types of People You Meet When Networking
Professional networking can be daunting, but it is an important skill to learn. Networking can provide you with career advice, insight, as well as helps employers put a face to a name. Networking events serve to bring applicants and employers together, so that like-minded individuals can meet and build strong relationships. While networking allows employers to […]
- Business Professional vs Business Casual
Many students find it difficult to differentiate between the terms “business casual” and “business professional.” It is important to feel comfortable with these terms, so that we are aware of employer expectations in terms of dress. Business professional clothing is typically conservative and consists of a business suit-either a blazer paired with dress pants or […]
- Get Ahead This Winter Break
Winter break is just around the corner and while you may be looking forward to spending your time sleeping in or catching up on your favorite TV shows, you may want to think twice and consider using your time productively. Want to get ahead on the internship or job search? Don’t let this precious time slip through your fingers!
- Avoid These Scary Resume Mistakes
It’s incredibly easy to miss the minuscule mistakes in your resume. Most hiring mangers spend approximately six seconds looking at your resume, which means the simplest things can put you at a disadvantage. Employers look to recruit employees who are meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented, so make sure your resume represents your best self by avoiding these common pitfalls.
- Tip Tuesday: 3 Updates to Make your LinkedIn Profile Shine
If you’re on LinkedIn, then you should take time to make sure you have a strong profile. When first getting set up, it’s fine to just add the content that’s on your resume, but what’s great about a LinkedIn profile is that you can take it a step further. There are profile features that allow […]
- LinkedIn Profile Photo Do’s & Don’ts
Quick tips for the perfect LinkedIn profile photo!
- You’re Back On Campus: Now What?
Many students find the transition back into the new school year to be daunting not only because of their heavy course load, but also because of extracurricular activities and on-campus jobs. With so many things weighing on their shoulders, it can be difficult to manage their time and participate in activities they genuinely enjoy, and believe will benefit them in the long run.
- Top 6 Mistakes Job Seekers Make When Networking
If you find yourself preferring to go to the dentist instead of networking, then you are probably doing it wrong. Here are 6 mistakes job seekers make when networking.
- Looking for a Summer Job or Internship?
Did you know that during summer break many of our great resources can be accessed from home?
Career Services, Tyler Haynes Commons
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Phone: (804) 289-8547