Spider Road Trips
Pack your bags, we're hitting the road! This year, Career Services is offering over ten Spider Road Trips, traveling to New York City, Washington, D.C., and our very own city of Richmond!
Queally CenterWe have a new Career Gallery and Employer Suite in the Queally Center!
Meet Tenaj, a UR alum who proves that not all career paths are linear. See how this psychology major and dance minor turned her experiences, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit into her own business.Read More Start Your Career Journey
It's not always about what you study in school — that's the starting point. It's really about finding your passion and taking advantage of opportunities. Tenaj Ferguson, '11
Career Services Features
Senior to pursue career in teaching and education policy after exploring education inequities as an undergraduate
Scholar-athlete gives back to her Northside Richmond neighborhood through class and volunteer work
Bonner Scholar espouses political engagement as key to a healthy democratic society
Bonner Scholar uses her Bonner summer of service and a Civic Fellowship to explore climate change in the South Pacific
Junior's research project will leave you wondering: what's a religious studies major doing working on a math project?
Pre-med and business student helps coordinate first government-approved drone delivery of medication
University of Richmond alumna took time to cultivate her skills and find her passion before opening her own business, Lady Epicure Gourmet.
University of Richmond student spent the spring semester of her sophomore year in the White House.
Upcoming Career Events
- OPM Webinar: Writing Your Federal ResumeJan132:00 PM - 3:30 PMHosted by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), this virtual presentation will explain each section of the job... Continue reading
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer Internships and ResearchJan175:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship or research experience? What do I... Continue reading
- Thinking About Your Future: Sociology and AnthropologyJan1812:00 PM - 1:00 PMMore information to come!
- Resume & Cover Letter WorkshopJan185:00 PM - 6:00 PMA resume is important to have on hand for internships, jobs, and a variety of other opportunities. And no, you can't... Continue reading
- Case Interviewing Workshop with Marc CosentinoJan2010:30 AM - 12:30 PMCase interviews are becoming increasingly common for undergraduates applying for jobs and internships, and require... Continue reading
- Train the Trainer Workshop with Marc CosentinoJan201:30 PM - 3:00 PMCase interviews are becoming increasingly common for undergraduates applying for jobs and internships, and require... Continue reading
- Internship Search WorkshopJan245:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhy is it so important to have an internship and how do you go about finding one? Participants will learn about the... Continue reading
- Q-camp 2017Jan27All DayThe Robins School is now accepting registrations for Q-camp 2017. Q-camp is open to business school sophomores... Continue reading
- Spring Spider Career Expo and Diversity Networking BrunchJan2710:30 AM - 3:00 PMJoin us for Career Service's annual Spring Spider Career Expo (with prep session!) and Diversity Networking... Continue reading
- Interview WorkshopJan305:00 PM - 6:00 PMIf you will be searching for internships or jobs this year, it’s time to begin preparing for interviews! The... Continue reading
Spider Career Blog
- Types of People You Meet When Networking
Professional networking can be daunting, but it is an important skill to learn. Networking can provide you with career advice, insight, as well as helps employers put a face to a name. Networking events serve to bring applicants and employers together, so that like-minded individuals can meet and build strong relationships. While networking allows employers to […]
- Business Professional vs Business Casual
Many students find it difficult to differentiate between the terms “business casual” and “business professional.” It is important to feel comfortable with these terms, so that we are aware of employer expectations in terms of dress. Business professional clothing is typically conservative and consists of a business suit-either a blazer paired with dress pants or […]
- Get Ahead This Winter Break
Winter break is just around the corner and while you may be looking forward to spending your time sleeping in or catching up on your favorite TV shows, you may want to think twice and consider using your time productively. Want to get ahead on the internship or job search? Don’t let this precious time slip through your fingers!
- Avoid These Scary Resume Mistakes
It’s incredibly easy to miss the minuscule mistakes in your resume. Most hiring mangers spend approximately six seconds looking at your resume, which means the simplest things can put you at a disadvantage. Employers look to recruit employees who are meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented, so make sure your resume represents your best self by avoiding these common pitfalls.
- Tip Tuesday: 3 Updates to Make your LinkedIn Profile Shine
If you’re on LinkedIn, then you should take time to make sure you have a strong profile. When first getting set up, it’s fine to just add the content that’s on your resume, but what’s great about a LinkedIn profile is that you can take it a step further. There are profile features that allow […]
- LinkedIn Profile Photo Do’s & Don’ts
Quick tips for the perfect LinkedIn profile photo!
- You’re Back On Campus: Now What?
Many students find the transition back into the new school year to be daunting not only because of their heavy course load, but also because of extracurricular activities and on-campus jobs. With so many things weighing on their shoulders, it can be difficult to manage their time and participate in activities they genuinely enjoy, and believe will benefit them in the long run.
- Top 6 Mistakes Job Seekers Make When Networking
If you find yourself preferring to go to the dentist instead of networking, then you are probably doing it wrong. Here are 6 mistakes job seekers make when networking.
- Looking for a Summer Job or Internship?
Did you know that during summer break many of our great resources can be accessed from home?
- Dear Class of 2016
WOW! You. Did. It. You graduated from a prestigious liberal arts university and you should be so very, very proud. Phew! Take a minute and let that diploma sink in…
Career Services, Tyler Haynes Commons
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Phone: (804) 289-8547