Spider Road Trips
Pack your bags, we're hitting the road! This year, Career Services is offering over ten Spider Road Trips, traveling to New York City, Washington, D.C., and our very own city of Richmond!
Queally CenterWe have a new Career Gallery and Employer Suite in the Queally Center!
Meet Tenaj, a UR alum who proves that not all career paths are linear. See how this psychology major and dance minor turned her experiences, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit into her own business.Read More Start Your Career Journey
It's not always about what you study in school — that's the starting point. It's really about finding your passion and taking advantage of opportunities. Tenaj Ferguson, '11
Career Services Features
Senior to pursue career in teaching and education policy after exploring education inequities as an undergraduate
Scholar-athlete gives back to her Northside Richmond neighborhood through class and volunteer work
Bonner Scholar espouses political engagement as key to a healthy democratic society
Bonner Scholar uses her Bonner summer of service and a Civic Fellowship to explore climate change in the South Pacific
Junior's research project will leave you wondering: what's a religious studies major doing working on a math project?
Pre-med and business student helps coordinate first government-approved drone delivery of medication
University of Richmond alumna took time to cultivate her skills and find her passion before opening her own business, Lady Epicure Gourmet.
University of Richmond student spent the spring semester of her sophomore year in the White House.
"Spiders spin their own webs, they don't move into one that's already been made."
Lauren Conder, '14, utilized the support from the Office of Alumni and Career Services and her professors to achieve success.
After studying abroad in Madrid his junior year, Jay Ternavan,'00, knew that traveling was something he wanted to do for the rest of his life.
Upcoming Career Events
- Professional Communication WorkshopOct265:30 PM - 6:30 PM“Just reach out to some alumni who work there!”... Continue reading
- M&T Bank Information SessionOct276:00 PM - 7:00 PMM&T Bank will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students about the organization and their Management... Continue reading
- Martin Agency Information SessionNov017:00 PM - 8:00 PMMartin Agency representatives will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students about what it's like to work... Continue reading
- KPMG Office HoursNov029:00 AM - 4:00 PMReserve your individual meeting time (20 minutes) with KPMG representatives, Heather Rice, ’02, a Federal Tax... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information TableNov0210:30 AM - 2:00 PMPeace Corps will be hosting an Information Table/Meet and Greet to talk with students about opportunities with their... Continue reading
- MBTI Workshop: Link your Personality Type to Majors and CareersNov024:00 PM - 6:00 PMLearning about your personality type can help you to discover how to make more meaningful major and career choices.... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information SessionNov026:00 PM - 7:00 PMPeace Corps will be hosting an Information Session/Panel which members will talk about their experiences with the... Continue reading
- Spiders in RVA: TechnologyNov0410:30 AM - 6:00 PMJoin the Office of Alumni and Career Services as we visit local organizations with full time and internship... Continue reading
- Resume & Cover Letter WorkshopNov076:00 PM - 7:00 PMA resume is important to have on hand for internships, jobs, and a variety of other opportunities. And no, you can't... Continue reading
- Pfizer Female Leadership Initiative ProgramNov098:30 AM - 4:00 PMPfizer is inviting female students to participate in Career Day at their Richmond campus, as a part of the Female... Continue reading
Spider Career Blog
- Tip Tuesday: 3 Updates to Make your LinkedIn Profile Shine
If you’re on LinkedIn, then you should take time to make sure you have a strong profile. When first getting set up, it’s fine to just add the content that’s on your resume, but what’s great about a LinkedIn profile is that you can take it a step further. There are profile features that allow […]
- LinkedIn Profile Photo Do’s & Don’ts
Quick tips for the perfect LinkedIn profile photo!
- You’re Back On Campus: Now What?
Many students find the transition back into the new school year to be daunting not only because of their heavy course load, but also because of extracurricular activities and on-campus jobs. With so many things weighing on their shoulders, it can be difficult to manage their time and participate in activities they genuinely enjoy, and believe will benefit them in the long run.
- Top 6 Mistakes Job Seekers Make When Networking
If you find yourself preferring to go to the dentist instead of networking, then you are probably doing it wrong. Here are 6 mistakes job seekers make when networking.
- Looking for a Summer Job or Internship?
Did you know that during summer break many of our great resources can be accessed from home?
- Dear Class of 2016
WOW! You. Did. It. You graduated from a prestigious liberal arts university and you should be so very, very proud. Phew! Take a minute and let that diploma sink in…
- 3-Step Guide to Finding Your Perfect Summer Internship
Our Marketing and Communications Assistant, Emma O'Brien, '18, shares a 3-step guide to finding your perfect summer internship.
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
A new calendar year provides the opportunity to rethink your personal goals and professional aspirations. If you find yourself feeling uninspired, restless, or overly stressed about work, it may be time to begin looking elsewhere for a new opportunity. If you really dislike your work or co-workers, it may be easy to know when to go. But, if your job isn’t that bad, how do you know when it is time to move on? Reflect on the following five signs to see if you should stay or go.
- Hiring Doesn’t Take a Holiday
Job seekers often believe that hiring doesn’t take place over the holidays. As a result, they stop pursuing job leads with the intentions of restarting their job search after the New Year. But, stopping your job search over the holidays means stopping your pipeline and it will take more time to restart it later. The […]
- Tip Tuesday: New LinkedIn Introductions
LinkedIn is one of our favorite resources for a variety of reasons, but one of the most powerful tools is the opportunity to get connected to new contacts through your current connections. There used to be a nifty tool on the site to formally ask one of your contacts to introduce you to a second-degree connections […]
Career Services, Tyler Haynes Commons
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Phone: (804) 289-8547