One-on-One Career and Academic Advising
Our advisors specialize with helping students and alumni identify their interests, abilities, and values that coincide with majors at Richmond and how they can relate to careers in their future. Advisors can assist with:
- exploring interests and abilities
- choosing majors
- identifying opportunities
- investigating graduate and professional school options
- developing a job search strategy
- connecting with employers
- establishing professional networks
- transitioning career fields and industries
- supporting career advancement
Make your appointment
To make an appointment online:
- Log in to SpiderConnect
- Click on Calendar/Appointments > Schedule an Advising Appointment
- Click "Request New Appointment"
- Choose "Type" and/or "Advisor(s)"
- Click "Check Availability"
- Available times slots and advisors will appear on the right hand side. Select your appointment time by clicking on the advisor's name.
- Complete the appointment form. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you need assistance, call (804) 289-8547 or stop by Tyler Haynes Commons (THC), Suite 306, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Arrival later than 10 minutes after the scheduled appointment start time will be considered a missed appointment. If you fail to follow this standard twice in an academic year (July 1 – June 30), you will not be permitted to schedule an advising appointment for the remainder of that academic year. If you need to cancel your appointment, you will need to do so at least 18 hours before the appointment start time. To review the full list of the professional standards of conduct, please reference the Student & Alumni User Agreement.